Teaching Assistants (plus SEN Allowance)
Littlegreen Academy is seeking to appoint high quality, compassionate and committed teaching assistants to join our Littlegreen Academy, a SEMH school for boys aged 7 – 16 years, close to Clanfield, Horndean and Rowlands Castle.
Littlegreen became a member of Solent Academies Trust on 1st January 2019. We are an outstanding trust and learning community that includes Mary Rose Academy, Cliffdale Primary Academy and Redwood Park Academy. Our Trust has a successful track record of developing and supporting staff to make sure they gain the skills and experience necessary to enable our pupils to achieve great things.
We are looking for teaching assistants who, have high expectations and lots of energy! You need to enjoy working with children with special educational needs, be resilient and able to positively support our amazing pupils. We offer you the opportunity to bring your enthusiasm and skills to Littlegreen, to ensure our pupils achieve their very best.
Salary & Benefits
Band 4 + SEN Allowance, 33 hours per week, term time only
Annual FTE salary £21,476 – £22,708, including SEN Allowance
Term time only salary £16,538 - £17,487
By joining the Littlegreen Academy team, we offer you:
- SEN Allowance with an increase after 3 and 5 years of service
- Excellent staff induction with a commitment to high quality professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- A happy, committed and supportive community
- Local Government Pension Scheme with the option of a 50/50 contribution to build over time
- 21.7% employer pension contribution
- Confidential Counselling & Wellbeing Support Service
- Life Insurance - 3 times annual salary (for members of the pension scheme)
- Wellbeing Inset Day to support the wellbeing of our staff
- Financial contribution towards eye test and glasses for visual display uses
- Free onsite parking
- Increase of paid weeks after 5 years of service from 44.9 weeks to 45.7 weeks
- CPD opportunities to support Career development
The hours for these roles are:
Monday – Wednesday 8.15am – 3.20pm
Thursday 8.15am – 3.20pm and until 4.20pm every other Thursday
Friday 8.15am – 2.05pm.
You will work for 39 weeks of the year; however, you will be paid for 44.9 weeks. Your salary will be paid over 12 months of the year.
Deadline and how to apply
Please complete a Solent Academies Trust application form accompanied by a letter of application. In your letter, please describe the contribution you feel you can make to our school.
For any questions or to submit your application, please email our HR team email@example.com
Please note we will only accept applications completed on our Solent Academies Trust form.
Interviews will be held as and when suitable candidates apply.
Solent Academies Trust welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted Solent Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.