Teaching Assistant (plus SEN Allowance)
As part of Solent Academies Trust, Redwood Park Academy, is an ‘Outstanding School’ for pupils aged 11-16 years, with complex needs including learning difficulties and autism.
We wish to recruit enthusiastic and highly motivated SEN Teaching Assistants to work collaboratively with our teaching team. You must be passionate and have the ability to inspire learning, and support the development of our amazing pupils!
Salary & Benefits
SEN Teaching Assistant Vacancies Permanent and Fixed Term
32.5 hours a week, term time only
Pay Band 4 + SEN Allowance
TTO salary £16,360 - £17,299 (FTE £21,476 - £22,708) – Pay Award Pending
By joining the Redwood Park Academy team, we offer you:
- SEN Allowance, which increases after 3 and 5 years of service
- Excellent staff induction with a commitment to high quality professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and forward thinking Trust
- Superb resources
- A happy, committed and supportive community
- Local Government Pension Scheme with the option of a 50/50 contribution to build over time
- 17.9% employer pension contribution
- Confidential Counselling & Wellbeing Support Service
- Life Insurance - 3 times annual salary (for members of the pension scheme)
- Wellbeing Inset Day to support the wellbeing of our staff
- Increase of paid weeks after 5 years of service from 45.1 weeks to 45.9 weeks
- CPD opportunities to support Career development
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Referral Scheme
The hours for these roles are Monday 8.30am – 3.30pm and fortnightly until 4.30pm, Tuesday – Thursday 8.30am – 3.30pm and Friday 8.30am – 3.00pm. You will work for 39 weeks of the year; however, you will be paid for 45.1 weeks. Your salary will be paid over 12 months of the year.
If you want to make a positive difference and enrich the lives of our pupils, then this could be the school for you!
Redwood Park Academy
Deadline and how to apply
Please complete a Solent Academies Trust application form, accompanied by a letter of application. In your letter, please describe the contribution you feel you can make to the achievement of pupils at Redwood Park Academy.
For any questions or to submit your application, please email our HR team firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will only accept applications completed on our Solent Academies Trust application form.
Closing date for applications is Monday 17th April 2023
Interviews will be held Thursday 27th April 2023
Solent Academies Trust welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted Solent Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.