Personalised Learning Assistant (plus SEN Allowance)
As part of Solent Academies Trust, Mary Rose Academy, is an ‘Outstanding Specialist Sports College’ for pupils aged 2-19 years, with complex and profound additional needs, including pupils with physical needs and disabilities.
We wish to recruit Personalised Learning Assistants to work collaboratively with our growing team of teachers to support our pupils in their learning and development in all aspects of life, as well as supporting their medical needs.
As an individual you will need to be flexible, energetic, resilient and committed to working with children, who need high levels of support in order to learn.
Salary & Benefits
Band 4 + SEN Allowance
32.5 hours a week, working term time only
Term time only salary £16,288 - £17,222
(Annual FTE salary £21,205 - £22,437)
By joining the Mary Rose Academy team, we offer you:
- SEN Allowance with an increase after 3 and 5 years of service
- Excellent staff induction with a commitment to high quality professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- A happy, committed and supportive community
- Local Government Pension Scheme with the option of a 50/50 contribution to build over time
- 18.9% employer pension contribution
- Confidential Counselling & Wellbeing Support Service
- Life Insurance - 3 times annual salary (for members of the pension scheme)
- Wellbeing Inset Day to support the wellbeing of our staff
- Financial contribution towards eye test and glasses for visual display users
- Free onsite parking
- Increase of paid weeks after 5 years of service from 44.9 weeks to 45.7 weeks
- CPD opportunities to support Career development
- Employee Referral Scheme
The hours for these roles are:
Monday 8.30am – 3.30pm and fortnightly until 4.30pm
Tuesday – Thursday 8.30am – 3.45pm
Friday 8.15am – 2.30pm
You will work for 39 weeks of the year; however, you will be paid for 44.9 weeks. Your salary will be paid over 12 months of the year.
If you want to make a positive difference and enrich the lives of our pupils, then this could be the school for you!
Mary Rose Academy
Deadline and how to apply
Please complete a Solent Academies Trust application form accompanied by a letter of application
If you have any questions at all, or wish to submit an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we will only accept applications completed on our Solent Academies Trust form.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 2nd February 2023 at noon
Interviews will be held on Thursday 9th February 2023.
Solent Academies Trust welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted Solent Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.