Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Outdoor Learning Instructor
We are excited at the prospect of developing our staff and are pleased to inform you that we are looking to recruit Band 6, Higher Level Teaching Assistants to join our wonderful team at Cliffdale Primary Academy. We are an outstanding special school for children aged 2-11 years who have severe and complex learning needs, including a high percentage of pupils with autism.
This is a new role and we are recruiting an Outdoor Learning Instructor who has experience working in Forest School or Outdoor Education. You will provide a hands-on, fun, creative and innovative environment for our children to learn.
You will need to be proactive, highly organised and a strong communicator, working collaboratively with our team of teachers and supported by leaders to ensure our children receive the very best! You will have the opportunity to be innovative, creative and have fun, whilst making a real difference to the lives of our pupils who face significant challenges in their learning and development. Some planning, assessment and reporting will be required for the role.
Salary & Benefits
Band 6, £20,850 - 24,049 (FTE £24,148 - £27,852)
37 hours, term time only
By joining the Cliffdale Primary Academy team, we offer you:
- Excellent staff induction with a commitment to high quality professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and forward thinking Trust
- Superb resources
- A happy, committed and supportive community
- Local Government Pension Scheme with the option of a 50/50 contribution to build over time
- 18.9% employer pension contribution
- Confidential Counselling & Wellbeing Support Service
- Life Insurance - 3 times annual salary (for members of the pension scheme)
- Wellbeing Inset Day to support the wellbeing of our staff
- Financial contribution towards eye test and glasses for visual display users
- Employee Referral Scheme
If you want to make a positive difference and enrich the lives of our pupils, then this could be the school for you!
Cliffdale Primary Academy
- General application form SAT 2021
- HLTA Band 6 Outdoor Learning Instructor CPA Job Description Jan 23 SR
Deadline and how to apply
Please complete a Solent Academies Trust teaching application form accompanied by a letter of application. In your letter, please describe the contribution you feel you can make to the achievement of pupils in our school.
If you have any questions at all, or wish to submit an application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we will only accept applications completed on our Solent Academies Trust application form.
Closing date is Monday 20th February at 9am
Interviews will be held on Friday 24th February
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Solent Academies Trust welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted Solent Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.