Academy Governing Bodies
Our Chief Executive Officer and Principals are challenged and supported by Academy Governing Bodies. These are sub-committees of the Solent Academies Trust board, and are made up of local people who have the skills and experience to contribute to the running of our academies.
Our current Academy Governing Bodies and Chair of Governors are:
Details of the membership of the Academies Governing Bodies can be found on the relevant academy website by clicking the academy name above.
To contact the Chair of Governors direct please click their name above
- Hold the relevant Principal to account for the educational performance of the academy and its pupils and for the appraisal of Academy staff.
- Monitor progress towards the Academy’s targets for learning and teaching.
- Review the effectiveness of the Academy's improvement plan and monitor achievement of its objectives.
- Ensure that agreed policies and procedures designed to safeguard the Academy's pupils are fully implemented.
- Implement policies agreed by the Trust Board with regard to the educational vision of the Academy, including, but without limitation, the Academy’s improvement plan.
- Consider the Academy’s required funding and support the Trust Board in securing the DfE's agreement to the Academy’s budget.
- Engage with stakeholders, especially the Academy's pupils and their parents/carers.
Reports to board of trustees through approved minutes
Terms of reference
6 times a year